Concrete Volunteer Fire Department
Concrete's Volunteer Fire Department, offers 24 hour fire protection to the Town of Concrete.
When our roster is full, the department consists of 25 members in four squads. We have four captains, two assistant chiefs and our Chief, Darrel Reed.We are always looking for new firefighters. If you are interested, download this firefighter application, fill it out and send it to town hall.
There is a permanent burn ban within the Town Limits and the Urban Growth Area of Concrete. Recreational Fire Pits are allowed if permitted, inspected and approved by the Town Fire Chief. Recreational Fire Pits must meet the following rules;
Recreational fire pits are only allowed in the residential zone.
1. Size 2ft in diameter, NO LARGER
2. Sides 16” high min. made of masonry block, rock or metal
3. Clearance from structures, buildings, fences, etc. is 25ft
4. 15ft clearance MINIMUM from trees or power lines
5. Must have charged garden hose, shovel and rake immediately on hand
6. There must be a person 16 years or older on site and able to call 911 at all times
7. Fire must not be left unattended or it must be extinguished
8. Must burn only firewood or charcoal. No limbs, leaves or the like
9. Smoke or ash may not impact your neighbors or it MUST be extinguished immediately
10. NO burning during burn bans
11. NO burning if wind is 7mph or higher
12. There must be a cleared area around fire of at LEAST 10ft
To apply for a permit please visit the forms page, review the requirements and complete the Recreational Fire Pit Application.
The two trucks currently in service are Engine 2811 which is a Darley, purchased in 1989 for a price of $98,000 and Engine 2813 a 1991 Darley Pumper received from the City of Sedro-Woolley in 2010.
Photo in the upper left hand corner is of a well known structure, "the Old Grade School" burned down in 2008. The photo in the upper right hand corner is during a training burn in the Mill Addition area in October of 2011.
Photos for this page are courtesy of the Concrete Herald.